GAP: There are a significant number of residents who do not have the skills or the opportunity to obtain and maintain living wage positions.
GOAL: Increase opportunities for low-wage/low-skill workers to obtain the necessary skills and employment to earn a living wage.
OUTCOME: Vanderburgh County residents will have improved access to community services, education and training leading to employment resulting in self-sufficiency.
Next Meetings:(3rd Thursdays of odd months - 10:00 - 11:30 at 4C of Southern Indiana, 600 SE 6th St.)
For more information or to get involved, email Arin Norris, Co-Chair at email@example.com
Join the Raising Incomes Committee group on
Raising Incomes strategies in Destination: Home (complete narrative of 4 strategies)
download: Strategies addressed by Raising Incomes Committee (narrative of those listed below)
Develop flow chart of referral process and current community services
Train staff on referral flow chart
Collaboration between homeless outreach programs and Community Employment Services
Determine how to use HMIS (Hoosier Management Information System)
1. Determine how homeless individuals currently access the workforce development system
2. Use results to improve access
3. Assess which industries need workers to tailor training
4. Have housing programs develop IEPs or Self Sufficiency Plan,
1. Seek alternate funding for offender programs
2. Develop on-site independent living programs at area youth homes
3. Research “Transitional Jobs” program
download: Strategy addressed by Self-Sufficiency Subcommittee (narrative of that listed below)
1. Identification of champion
3. Education of public
Once Excel file is opened via internet, open a copy for editing to get a format that's useful to fill in.
For technical assistance, please email the webmaster
Workforce Resource Guide (PDF)
- a snapshot of the working homeless in our community
Compiled by Marie Opatrny PhD, Department of Social Work, University of Southern Indiana, & Katrina Boyd, Master of Social Work Graduate Student Assistant
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Indiana Institute for Working Families
- The Urban Institute summary